Public Consultation on Draft Speed Management Plan 2024-2027
Have your say on proposed safer speed limits around the Manawatū District
We want to know what you think about the proposed changes to reduce speed limits in our district.
The draft Speed Management Plan is a legislative requirement from Central Government. In line with this requirement, we are proposing to reduce speed limits in specific areas to improve safety.
The areas we are seeking community feedback on include:
- Schools (mandatory application)
- Feilding CBD
- Village roads
- Some rural roads
You can read about the proposed changes by downloading the Consultation Document or by reading the full draft Speed Management Plan.
Anyone can make a submission and we encourage anyone with interest in the proposed changes to have their say. The consultation period is open for public feedback from Friday 17 November 2023 through to 5.00pm Friday 23 February 2024.
How to have your say
There are a variety of ways for you to let us know what you think
Let us know by 5.00pm Friday 23 February 2024
To get a submission to us you can:
- Fill out the online form below
- Send us a copy to Manawatū District Council, 135 Manchester Street, Feilding
- Drop off to Front of House, Manawatū District Council, 135 Manchester Street, Feilding
- Email us at our designated Speed Management Plan email address firstname.lastname@example.org